Ingredients 1 pound ground sausage 2 slices uncooked bacon, diced 1/2 cup chicken broth 1/2 cup all purpose flour 3 cups milk 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper Homemade or canned biscuits Directions Prepare your biscuits and turn the oven on to bake them.…
Tag: instant pot
Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3), cut into 1-inch chunks Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 2 cloves garlic, grated 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger 1 teaspoon garam masala 1 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric 1/8…
8 ounces bacon, chopped
1 leek diced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
4 cups chicken broth
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
1.5 cups chopped cabbage
1.5 teaspoons salt
.5 teaspoon caraway seeds
.5 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
.5 cup sour cream
Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Press saute on the Instant Pot, cook bacon in pot until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Add leek, onion and carrots to pot; cook and stir about 4 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pot. Stir in potatoes, cabbage, salt, caraway seeds, pepper, and bay leaf; mix well.
- Secure lid and move pressure release valve to sealing or locked position. Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use natural release for 10 minutes, then release remaining pressure. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Whisk .5 cup hot soup into sour cream in small bowl until blended. Add sour cream mixture and bacon to soup; mix well. Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Cook Instant!