Cauliflower Instant Pot Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste 1
- (32 fluid ounce) container chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 slices cooked turkey bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select the Saute function. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add cauliflower, green bell pepper, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Pour in chicken stock; close and lock the lid. Select Soup function; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Add Cheddar cheese, half-and-half, turkey bacon, Dijon mustard, and hot sauce. Reselect Saute function; cook until bubbly, about 5 minutes.