Fettuccine With Creamy Pesto
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine
- 1 10-ounce bag spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs for al dente, adding the spinach during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and spinach.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the heavy cream, nutmeg, lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Increase the heat to medium high and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the pasta and spinach and toss until coated, about 1 minute. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir in enough of the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the pesto. Divide among bowls; top with pepper and more parmesan.
Please follow and like us: