Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 1 […]
2.5 – 3lbs of chicken
2 celery stalks
2 medium carrots
8 cups water
2.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp black pepper
2 cups flour
.5 tsp baking soda
3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
3/4 cup buttermilk
- Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch oven; add water and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to boil over high; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Remove chicken from broth, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin and bone from chicken, and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Bring broth to boil over high; stir in pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking soda, and remaining .5 tsp of salt in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender (or use your fingers) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, stirring with fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead lightly 4-5 times.
- Pat dough to .5″ thickness. Pinch off dough in 1.5″ pieces, and drop into boiling broth. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency is reached, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chicken. Garnish servings with green onions.
Yield: 6 servings
Source – Southern Living magazine
Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or […]
Ingredients 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham) 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup chopped onion 8 ounces sliced mushrooms 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of […]
3 bacon slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion)
1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks)
1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
1 (8-oz.) package baby spinach
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium until crisp, about 6 minutes, turning once. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
Add olive oil to drippings in Dutch oven; increase heat to medium-high. Add yellow onion, carrots, and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic, kosher salt, and pepper, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add chicken and broth to Dutch oven. Cook on medium-high until broth begins to boil, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in barley, and cook until chicken is cooked through and a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion reads 165°F, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Remove chicken, shred into large pieces, and return to Dutch oven. Add spinach, and stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley; top each serving with crumbled bacon.
Source – http://www.southernliving.com/recipes/quick-chicken-and-barley-stew-recipe
Ingredients 5 bacon slices, chopped 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup thinly sliced carrot 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves 1 (8-oz.) package presliced cremini mushrooms 4 garlic cloves, minced 4 cups unsalted chicken stock 1 cup water 4 cups lightly […]
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces fresh linguine
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 1/4 cups cooking water, then drain the pasta; set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and shallot and cook until the tomatoes are starting to burst, about 5 minutes. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the skillet.
Whisk the eggs, cheese, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of the reserved cooking water; set aside.
Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium low. Add the pasta and toss well. Slowly pour in the egg mixture, tossing, to make a creamy sauce, about 1 minute. Season with salt and add the remaining 1/4 cup cooking water as needed to loosen. Stir in the basil. Top each serving with more cheese and season with pepper.
Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients 1 pound ground beef 1 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 green bell pepper, chopped 1 medium onion, chopped 1 package macaroni and cheese dinner, prepared with milk and margarine as package directs 1 can (14.5 to 16 ounces) tomatoes, diced, with liquid […]