Ingredients 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon packed light or dark brown sugar 3 cloves garlic 2 small bunches broccolini (baby […]
Ingredients 12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta Kosher salt 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional) ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving 4 […]
- 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong)
- 2 cups unsalted beef stock
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, and divide evenly among 4 shallow bowls.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add pork, onion, and mushrooms; cook until pork is cooked through and mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in miso, chili garlic sauce, stock, and carrots; bring to a boil over high. Cook until carrots are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Top noodles with pork mixture. Drizzle servings evenly with soy sauce, and top evenly with scallions.
Source – http://www.cookinglight.com
Ingredients: 2.5 – 3lbs of chicken 2 celery stalks 2 medium carrots 8 cups water 2.5 tsp salt .5 tsp black pepper 2 cups flour .5 tsp baking soda 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening 3/4 cup buttermilk Directions: Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch […]
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Yield: 4 servings
Source – https://therecipecritic.com
Ingredients 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham) 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup chopped onion 8 ounces sliced mushrooms 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of […]
Ingredients 3 bacon slices 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks) 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves) […]
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (8-oz.) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped curly kale
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (8-oz.) package precooked wild rice (such as Simply Balanced)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add bacon to pan; cook 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion, carrot, and celery to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add thyme, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add stock and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add kale, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and rice.
Combine half-and-half and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir into soup; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Top with bacon.