Ingredients 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon packed light or dark brown sugar 3 cloves garlic 2 small bunches broccolini (baby […]
Ingredients 1/4 cup butter, cubed 2 tablespoons chopped onion 4 garlic cloves, minced 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon white pepper 1/8 teaspoon salt 2-1/2 cups whole milk 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 […]
1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
1 cup beef consumme
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
Hot cooked rice
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.