Ingredients 3 bacon slices 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks) 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves) […]
Ingredients 5 bacon slices, chopped 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup thinly sliced carrot 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves 1 (8-oz.) package presliced cremini mushrooms 4 garlic cloves, minced 4 cups unsalted chicken stock 1 cup water 4 cups lightly […]
8 ounces baby spinach leaves, divided
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and Italian herbs, drained (about 7 ounces)
1 large yellow onion, sliced
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2″ bite size pieces)
6 garlic cloves, sliced
1 pound dry linguine
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (This makes the meal very spicy!)
4 cups (32 ounces) reduced sodium chicken stock
1 cup (8 ounces) chardonnay wine
4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
Combine 1/2 of the spinach with the tomatoes, onion, chicken, garlic, linguine, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour chicken stock and wine over top. Cover and bring to a boil.
Cook 7-9 minutes until pasta is al dente (with a bite to it). Toss pasta with tongs occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You will still have some liquid in the pan when the pasta is done cooking. This is going to make the base for our delicious cheese sauce.
Turn off the heat and add the cheese to the pasta. Toss pasta with tongs until the cheese melts into the pasta. Toss in remaining spinach. Serve and enjoy!
Yields 6 servings
Ingredients 1 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 packet taco seasoning 1 packet ranch powder 14.5 ounce fire roasted diced tomatoes 12 crunchy taco shells 1 cup grated cheddar 1/4 cup diced cilantro 1/4 cup hot sauce or taco sauce Directions Place chicken, taco […]
Ingredients 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup water 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley […]
- 1 LB Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Tenders
- 3.5 OZ Basil Pesto
- 3 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 OZ Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Black pepper
- Dash of Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Dash of Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly coat a baking dish with pam.
- Place chicken tenders in dish.
- Spoon basil pesto on each chicken tender.
- Spread to coat top of tenders.
- Place tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
Ingredients 3 tablespoons soy sauce 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 teaspoon lime juice 1 teaspoon chopped garlic 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves Directions In a shallow container, blend soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic. Place chicken breast halves […]
2 lbs cut up chicken
1/3 cup water
1 cup hot sauce (I used 1/3 cup to go easy on my kids)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 cups flour
1 tbs baking power
1/4 tsp salt
- Heat peanut oil in a large deep pot to 350°F (do not fill more than half full–you don’t want a hot-oil spill-over accident!).
- For sauce mixture: in a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs with the water.
- Add hot sauce and whisk together well.
- Pour this mixture into a large plastic zip-top bag.
- For seasoning mixture: In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
- For dredging mixture: In a another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces with a paper towel.
- Cut breast pieces in half across ribs.
- Sprinkle chicken generously on both sides with seasoning blend.
- Drop a few chicken pieces of chicken into bag of sauce mixture and squish around to coat thoroughly.
- One piece at a time, roll chicken in flour mixture and drop into hot oil.
- Don’t crowd chicken pieces–I cook about half the chicken at a time.
- Fry chicken until brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Dark meat will take about 14 minutes, white meat about 10 minutes.
- Remember smaller pieces cook faster than the larger ones.
- You can check for doneness by piercing to the bone in the thickest part with a fork.
- If the juices run clear, it is done.
Ingredients 1 (225 g) box macaroni & cheese dinner mix 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, for pasta dinner 1⁄4 cup milk, for pasta dinner 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 medium walla walla onion, chopped (sweet) 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained […]