Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Chives
1 large head cauliflower core removed and roughly cut into florets
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic smashed
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives plus more for garnish
- Set instant pot to sauté.
- Add olive oil to instant pot and heat it up.
- Stir in smashed garlic cloves; mix and stir until garlic is golden brown on all sides, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the “sauté” mode and place steamer basket inside your Instant Pot.
- Transfer prepared cauliflower to the basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set on manual setting and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Use the quick release function to release the pressure. Open up the lid half way and let stand 3 minutes.
- Drain out all of the liquid and transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender. You can also put it in a large bowl and use a potato masher.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper to the blender; process until blended and creamy. I recommend using the pulse function because you have more control over how creamy or chunky you want your mashed cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a mixing bowl or serving dish.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and chives. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
Source – Diethood.com