Ingredients 1/3 cup honey 4 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (see notes for alternatives) 1/2 cup no salt ketchup 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil 4 to 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish sliced green onions, for garnish…
Ingredients Kosher salt 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine 1 10-ounce bag spinach 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 3/4 cup heavy cream Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg Finely grated zest of 1 lemon 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese Freshly ground pepper 1/4 cup prepared pesto Directions…
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 16 ounce can fat free refried black beans
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
Cook the ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin and taco sauce to the meat and stir. Cook for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Spread 1/3 cup of refried beans on the bottom 1/3 of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch around bottom and edges. Spoon 1/3 cup of the meat mixture over beans. Top the meat with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and 1/4 cup of cheese. Start rolling up from bottom, enfolding the filling. Fold in the sides and continue rolling up. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray all sides of the burritos with cooking spray. Place burritos on a cookie sheet, seam sides down. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until thoroughly heated and browned, turning over once. Top with dollops of the remaining sour cream. *Optional: for soft burritos, place each unbaked burrito on an individual microwavable plate. Microwave individually on High 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Ingredients 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon packed light or dark brown sugar 3 cloves garlic 2 small bunches broccolini (baby…
12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional)
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
Meanwhile, cook garlic and ¼ cup oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 4 minutes. Add anchovies (if using) and red pepper flakes and cook, smashing anchovies with a wooden spoon to break them up, until anchovies begin to dissolve, about 1 minute.
Add 1¼ cups pasta cooking liquid along with 1 cup Parmesan to pot with anchovies and garlic and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Using tongs, add pasta to pot, then add butter and lots of black pepper. Cook, tossing energetically and adding more cooking liquid if needed, until pasta is al dente and sauce is thickened and coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; add parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Divide pasta among bowls; drizzle with oil and top with more Parmesan.
Source – bonappetit.com
Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 1…
2.5 – 3lbs of chicken
2 celery stalks
2 medium carrots
8 cups water
2.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp black pepper
2 cups flour
.5 tsp baking soda
3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
3/4 cup buttermilk
- Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch oven; add water and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to boil over high; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Remove chicken from broth, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin and bone from chicken, and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Bring broth to boil over high; stir in pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking soda, and remaining .5 tsp of salt in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender (or use your fingers) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, stirring with fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead lightly 4-5 times.
- Pat dough to .5″ thickness. Pinch off dough in 1.5″ pieces, and drop into boiling broth. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency is reached, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chicken. Garnish servings with green onions.
Yield: 6 servings
Source – Southern Living magazine
Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or…