Ingredients 1 large head cauliflower core removed and roughly cut into florets 1/2 tablespoon olive oil 4 cloves garlic smashed 1 1/2 cups chicken broth 1/2 tablespoon butter 1 tablespoon sour cream 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or to taste 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives plus more for garnish Instructions Set instant pot to sauté. Add olive …
Ingredients 1 pound ground sausage 2 slices uncooked bacon, diced 1/2 cup chicken broth 1/2 cup all purpose flour 3 cups milk 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp black pepper Homemade or canned biscuits Directions Prepare your biscuits and turn the oven on to bake them. …
1 1/4 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, halved or quartered
2 yellow and/or red bell peppers, sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (leaves and tender stems separated)
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
4 cloves garlic (1 grated, 3 whole)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 scallion, sliced
- Place a baking sheet on the middle oven rack; preheat to 450˚. Toss the potatoes, bell peppers, cilantro stems, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on the hot baking sheet; reserve the bowl. Roast until the potatoes are just tender but not fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the pork on an angle into 4 pieces. Add to the reserved bowl along with the grated garlic, remaining 3/4 teaspoon oregano, 3/4 teaspoon cumin and a pinch each of salt and pepper; toss, then set aside to marinate. Put the remaining 3 garlic cloves in a mini food processor and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of salt, the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the lemon juice. Process until the garlic is finely chopped; stir in the cilantro leaves and 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the vegetables, leaving 4 open spots. Add the pork to the open spots and return to the oven. Turn on the broiler and cook until the vegetables are lightly browned and a thermometer inserted into the pork registers 140˚ to 145˚, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice the pork; top with the cilantro sauce. Serve with the vegetables; sprinkle with the scallion.
Ingredients 16 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni, large shells, or cavatappi pasta 6 tablespoons salted butter 1/3 cup grated yellow onion 2 teaspoons dry mustard 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper 6 tablespoons all-purpose …
Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3), cut into 1-inch chunks Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 2 cloves garlic, grated 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger 1 teaspoon garam masala 1 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric 1/8 …
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or chili sesame oil
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound thin chicken cutlets
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 pods star anise
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 16 frozen mini wontons or 12 frozen vegetable dumplings
- 4 cups baby spinach
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and ginger; stir in the scallions, reserving 2 tablespoons scallion greens. Season the vegetables with a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the ginger softens, about 2 minutes.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pot along with the chicken broth and star anise. Cover and bring to a simmer over high heat, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken with tongs and transfer to a cutting board; let cool slightly, then shred.
Meanwhile, increase the heat under the pot to high. Stir in the spaghetti and 3 cups water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in the wontons and simmer until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and shredded chicken and heat through; season with salt and pepper.
Divide the soup among bowls, discarding the star anise pods. Top with the reserved scallion greens and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
Yield: 4 Servings
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Source: Food Network
Ingredients 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 large Eggland’s Best egg, beaten 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/4 cup olive oil Lemon Sauce: 1 …
Ingredients 18 to 20 ounces fresh or frozen udon noodles 1/4 cup mushroom broth 2 tablespoons sake 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced 1/4 inch thick 2 tablespoons vegetable oil …
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 685 kcal
1 large onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp chopped rosemary divided
2 tbsp chopped thyme divided
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1-2 tsp kosher salt to taste
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
3 lbs beef chuck roast cut into 2 inch cubes
12 ounces beer
3 cups beef broth
1 can (15 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 sweet potato peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
1 lb yukon gold potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes, peeled if desired
3 carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
Browning the stew meat is optional, out of habit I did it when making this stew.
Add all ingredients to slow cooker EXCEPT the flour and 1 tablespoon each of the thyme and rosemary. If you prefer firmer vegetables, do not add them until the last 1-2 hours of cooking. You can add them now but they will be softer. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
If you like your veggies to retain their shape and not get too mushy, adding them in the last few hours of cooking is best. But if you just can’t be home for that, you can add them at the beginning with everything else. They will be more soft, but it still works.
About 1 hour before stew is done cooking, remove 1/2 cup of broth. Whisk 2 Tablespoons of flour into the broth until there are no lumps. You can add more broth if it gets too thick. Once mixed, pour the flour mixture into the crock pot and stir to mix. Continue cooking until done.
Right before serving, remove the bay leaves. Add the 1 tablespoon of thyme and rosemary. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve with No Knead bread and enjoy!
Ingredients 1 cup baby carrots, sliced thin 1 medium yellow onion, chopped 2 celery stalks diced 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 cups cooked turkey, diced 1 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence seasoning additional salt and pepper, to taste 4 cups turkey stock (bone broth) 1/4 cup water Instructions Hit SAUTE on Instant Pot, and when it reads, Hot, …