- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2-in. pieces
- 1-1/2 cups 2% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, water, red pepper, dressing and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; stir in noodles. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, until noodles are tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cottage cheese; heat through. Remove from heat; top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.