- 3⁄4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- whipped cream
- In a colander, rinse rice thoroughly under cold water.
- Put in lightly greased slow cooker. I use a round, 3.5 to 4 qt cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for butter & whipped cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour butter over rice mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, until rice has absorbed the liquid.
- When ready to serve, spoon into dessert bowls and top with sweetened whipped cream.