Spaghetti with Kale-Walnut Pesto
- 1 Pound spaghetti
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook as the label directs. Drain.
- Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry skillet until lightly browned; let cool. Pulse in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add the kale and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pulse until finely chopped. Add the parmesan and pulse to combine. Slowly pour in the olive oil, pulsing to incorporate.
- Toss half of the pesto with the spaghetti in a serving bowl. Refrigerate the remaining pesto for another use.
Yield: 5 Servings