Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or […]
Sauce: Ingredients 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes (in juice) 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 3 medium cloves garlic, finely minced 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons dried basil Sauce: Directions Heat oil, garlic, and […]
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ⅔ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 small can diced green chiles (4.5 ounce can)
- 1 can of corn or creamed corn
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¼ cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (I used sharp white cheddar)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Lime wedges
Ingredients: 1.5 lbs sirloin steak; sliced thinly 2 green bell peppers; cut into bite-sized pieces 1 yellow onion; cut into bite-sized pieces 1 can diced tomatoes; drained 2 cups water 1/4 cup vegetable oil 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon garlic salt 1 tablespoon granulated […]
3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
10 small red potatoes
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
1. Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
2. Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
3. Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.
Ingredients 1/4 cup orange juice 1/4 cup white vinegar 4 garlic cloves, minced 1 teaspoon seasoned salt 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips 1 medium onion, thinly sliced 1 […]
1 pound boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
1 cup beef consumme
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cooled sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
Fresh broccoli florets (as many as desired)
Hot cooked rice
1. Place beef in a crock pot.
2. In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
3. In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine. (If your sauce is not thickening, try bringing your sauce to a boil on the stovetop with the corn starch mixture. Boil until your desired consistency is reached).
4. Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.