Ingredients: 8 ounces bacon, chopped 1 leek diced 1 onion, chopped 2 carrots, diced 4 cups chicken broth 3 potatoes, peeled and diced 1.5 cups chopped cabbage 1.5 teaspoons salt .5 teaspoon caraway seeds .5 teaspoon black pepper 1 bay leaf .5 cup sour cream […]
Ingredients 1/4 cup butter, cubed 2 tablespoons chopped onion 4 garlic cloves, minced 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/4 teaspoon white pepper 1/8 teaspoon salt 2-1/2 cups whole milk 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 4 […]
3 pounds corned beef brisket with spice packet
10 small red potatoes
5 carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
1 large head cabbage, cut into small wedges
1. Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer approximately 50 minutes per pound or until tender.
2. Add whole potatoes and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are almost tender. Add cabbage and cook for 15 more minutes. Remove meat and let rest 15 minutes.
3. Place vegetables in a bowl and cover. Add as much broth (cooking liquid reserved in the Dutch oven or large pot) as you want. Slice meat across the grain.
Ingredients: 3 russet potatoes, cut into 8 long wedges 2 tablespoons olive oil 5 cloves garlic, minced 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, for garnish Directions: Preheat […]
Ingredients: 1 pound small red potatoes, diced 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper 1 large sheet heavy duty aluminum foil Directions: 1. Toss potatoes and oil in large bowl. Add garlic salt and seasoned pepper; toss to […]
4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
1 onion, sliced into rings
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
2. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
4. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.