- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup quinoa (or rice mix)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1 pound or ~3-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 5 cups chicken broth or bouillon mixture
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray. Remove the fat from the chicken breasts and put them into the slow cooker along with the rinsed quinoa.
- Remove the skins and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes adding them into the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add those in. Add in the undrained petite diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chili seasoning mix, and chicken broth.
- Place on high for 5 hours or until the potatoes are soft
- Using two forks, shred the chicken and stir all the ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper and if desired fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately.