4.0 01 Ingredients 16 ounces uncooked large elbow macaroni, large shells, or cavatappi pasta 6 tablespoons salted butter 1/3 cup grated yellow onion 2 teaspoons dry mustard 1 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper 6 […]
5.0 01 Ingredients 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3), cut into 1-inch chunks Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 2 cloves garlic, grated 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger 1 teaspoon garam masala 1 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon ground […]
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil or chili sesame oil
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound thin chicken cutlets
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 pods star anise
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 16 frozen mini wontons or 12 frozen vegetable dumplings
- 4 cups baby spinach
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and ginger; stir in the scallions, reserving 2 tablespoons scallion greens. Season the vegetables with a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the ginger softens, about 2 minutes.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pot along with the chicken broth and star anise. Cover and bring to a simmer over high heat, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the chicken is just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken with tongs and transfer to a cutting board; let cool slightly, then shred.
Meanwhile, increase the heat under the pot to high. Stir in the spaghetti and 3 cups water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Stir in the wontons and simmer until tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and shredded chicken and heat through; season with salt and pepper.
Divide the soup among bowls, discarding the star anise pods. Top with the reserved scallion greens and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
Yield: 4 Servings
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Source: Food Network
4.0 01 Ingredients 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 large Eggland’s Best egg, beaten 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/4 cup olive oil Lemon […]
4.0 01 Ingredients 18 to 20 ounces fresh or frozen udon noodles 1/4 cup mushroom broth 2 tablespoons sake 2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced 1/4 inch thick 2 tablespoons […]
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Calories 685 kcal
1 large onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp chopped rosemary divided
2 tbsp chopped thyme divided
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1-2 tsp kosher salt to taste
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
3 lbs beef chuck roast cut into 2 inch cubes
12 ounces beer
3 cups beef broth
1 can (15 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 sweet potato peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
1 lb yukon gold potatoes diced into 1 inch cubes, peeled if desired
3 carrots peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
Browning the stew meat is optional, out of habit I did it when making this stew.
Add all ingredients to slow cooker EXCEPT the flour and 1 tablespoon each of the thyme and rosemary. If you prefer firmer vegetables, do not add them until the last 1-2 hours of cooking. You can add them now but they will be softer. Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
If you like your veggies to retain their shape and not get too mushy, adding them in the last few hours of cooking is best. But if you just can’t be home for that, you can add them at the beginning with everything else. They will be more soft, but it still works.
About 1 hour before stew is done cooking, remove 1/2 cup of broth. Whisk 2 Tablespoons of flour into the broth until there are no lumps. You can add more broth if it gets too thick. Once mixed, pour the flour mixture into the crock pot and stir to mix. Continue cooking until done.
Right before serving, remove the bay leaves. Add the 1 tablespoon of thyme and rosemary. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve with No Knead bread and enjoy!
4.0 01 Ingredients 1 cup baby carrots, sliced thin 1 medium yellow onion, chopped 2 celery stalks diced 1 tablespoon olive oil 2 cups cooked turkey, diced 1 teaspoon sea salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence seasoning additional salt and pepper, to taste 4 cups turkey stock (bone broth) 1/4 cup water Instructions Hit SAUTE on Instant Pot, and when it […]
5.0 01 Ingredients 1/3 cup honey 4 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (see notes for alternatives) 1/2 cup no salt ketchup 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil 4 to 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish sliced green onions, […]
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces dried egg fettuccine
- 1 10-ounce bag spinach
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs for al dente, adding the spinach during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and spinach.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the heavy cream, nutmeg, lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Increase the heat to medium high and bring the liquid to a simmer. Add the pasta and spinach and toss until coated, about 1 minute. Stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir in enough of the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the pesto. Divide among bowls; top with pepper and more parmesan.