Ingredients: 8 ounces bacon, chopped 1 leek diced 1 onion, chopped 2 carrots, diced 4 cups chicken broth 3 potatoes, peeled and diced 1.5 cups chopped cabbage 1.5 teaspoons salt .5 teaspoon caraway seeds .5 teaspoon black pepper 1 bay leaf .5 cup sour cream […]
Ingredients 8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each) 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 cup hoisin sauce 1 tablespoon packed light or dark brown sugar 3 cloves garlic 2 small bunches broccolini (baby […]
12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional)
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Freshly ground black pepper
⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
Meanwhile, cook garlic and ¼ cup oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 4 minutes. Add anchovies (if using) and red pepper flakes and cook, smashing anchovies with a wooden spoon to break them up, until anchovies begin to dissolve, about 1 minute.
Add 1¼ cups pasta cooking liquid along with 1 cup Parmesan to pot with anchovies and garlic and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Using tongs, add pasta to pot, then add butter and lots of black pepper. Cook, tossing energetically and adding more cooking liquid if needed, until pasta is al dente and sauce is thickened and coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; add parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
Divide pasta among bowls; drizzle with oil and top with more Parmesan.
Source – bonappetit.com
Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 1 […]
2.5 – 3lbs of chicken
2 celery stalks
2 medium carrots
8 cups water
2.5 tsp salt
.5 tsp black pepper
2 cups flour
.5 tsp baking soda
3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
3/4 cup buttermilk
- Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch oven; add water and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to boil over high; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 1 hour. Remove chicken from broth, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin and bone from chicken, and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Bring broth to boil over high; stir in pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking soda, and remaining .5 tsp of salt in a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender (or use your fingers) until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, stirring with fork until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead lightly 4-5 times.
- Pat dough to .5″ thickness. Pinch off dough in 1.5″ pieces, and drop into boiling broth. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency is reached, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chicken. Garnish servings with green onions.
Yield: 6 servings
Source – Southern Living magazine
Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or […]
Ingredients 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham) 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles 2 tablespoons butter 1/4 cup chopped onion 8 ounces sliced mushrooms 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of […]
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes (in juice)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
Heat oil, garlic, and pepper flakes (if using) in large saucepan over medium heat until fragrant but not brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer until thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 14 – 16: 8-ounce package manicotti
- 1 (15ounce) container whole-milk ricotta
- 3 Cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 Cups graded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tables spoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 table spoons butter, cut into pieces
- Sauce (Above)
Heat a heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, onion and ground beef. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until the meat browns and the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and cool.
Brush 1 teaspoon of oil over a large baking sheet. Cook the manicotti in a large pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, but still very firm to the bite, about 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the manicotti from the pot to the oiled baking sheet and cool.
Meanwhile, combine the ricotta, 1 1/2 to 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and parsley. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, and mix. Stir the cooled meat mixture into the cheese mixture. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Brush the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the sauce over the bottom of the prepared dish. Fill the manicotti with the cheese-meat mixture. Arrange the stuffed pasta in a single layer in the prepared dish and spoon the remaining sauce over.
Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, then the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan over the stuffed pasta. Dot entire dish with the butter pieces. Bake the manicotti uncovered until heated through and the sauce bubbles on the sides of the dish, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let the manicotti stand 5 minutes and serve
Ingredients 3 bacon slices 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks) 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves) […]