Ingredients 12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta Kosher salt 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional) ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving 4 […]
Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 1 […]
5 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 Tbsp butter
8 cups thinly sliced onions (about 3 lbs.)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup port wine
2 cartons (32oz. each) beef broth
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
24 sliced French bread baguette (1/2 in. thick)
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or SWiss cheese (about 3oz.)
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp. oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, cook and stir until softened, 10-13 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Add minced garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in port wine. Bring to boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add broth, pepper, and salt; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat over to 400 degrees, place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with the remaining oil. Bake until toasted, 3-5 minutes on each side. Rub toasts with halved garlic.
- To serve, place twelve 8-oz. broiler safe bowls or rameskins on baking sheets. Place two toasts in each. Ladle with soup; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat until cheese is melted.
Yield: 12 Servings
Source – Taste of Home magazine
Ingredients: 2.5 – 3lbs of chicken 2 celery stalks 2 medium carrots 8 cups water 2.5 tsp salt .5 tsp black pepper 2 cups flour .5 tsp baking soda 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening 3/4 cup buttermilk Directions: Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch […]
Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or […]
- 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed peas with the diced cooked turkey and cooked noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender; blend in soup, milk, and seasonings. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until well blended and hot.
- Pour the soup mixture over the turkey and noodle mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Turn the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Ingredients 3 bacon slices 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks) 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves) […]
Ingredients 5 bacon slices, chopped 1 cup chopped onion 1 cup thinly sliced carrot 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves 1 (8-oz.) package presliced cremini mushrooms 4 garlic cloves, minced 4 cups unsalted chicken stock 1 cup water 4 cups lightly […]
6 slices rye bread, divided
1 pound pastrami or corned beef, thinly sliced or shaved
1 (14.5 oz.) can sauerkraut
4 cups Swiss Cheese, shredded
1 cup dill pickles, chopped
1 cup milk
1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing
1/4 cup mustard
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons caraway seeds
Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×11-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
Take four pieces of rye bread and cut them into cubes. Place remaining bread in food processor, pulse until you’ve got fine breadcrumbs and set aside.
Spread cubed bread out along the bottom of your baking dish, then cover with 1/2 of pastrami. Top beef with sauerkraut, pickles, half of caraway seeds and 2 cups cheese.
Cover with remaining beef, caraway seeds and cheese.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, salad dressing and mustard, then beat in eggs until combined.
Pour wet ingredients evenly over the casserole, then top with breadcrumbs.
Place baking dish in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly, top is browned and center is set.
Remove from oven and serve hot.
Ingredients Kosher salt 12 ounces fresh linguine 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes 1 shallot, thinly sliced 2 large eggs 1/3 cup grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese, plus more for topping 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest […]