Ingredients 1 pound lean ground beef 1 cup chopped onion 2 large garlic cloves, minced 2 teaspoons chili powder 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 cup taco sauce 16 ounce can fat free refried black beans 6 10-inch flour tortillas 3/4 cup Sour Cream 1 1/2 […]
Ingredients: 8 ounces bacon, chopped 1 leek diced 1 onion, chopped 2 carrots, diced 4 cups chicken broth 3 potatoes, peeled and diced 1.5 cups chopped cabbage 1.5 teaspoons salt .5 teaspoon caraway seeds .5 teaspoon black pepper 1 bay leaf .5 cup sour cream […]
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F. Put the chicken on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, sprinkle with the five-spice powder and toss. Arrange skin-side up; season with salt and pepper. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir the hoisin sauce, brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a small bowl. Grate 1 garlic clove into the sauce; set aside. Chop the remaining garlic. Trim the broccolini and slice lengthwise into long florets. Trim and scrub the carrots; halve or quarter lengthwise.
Preheat the broiler. Brush half the hoisin sauce mixture on the chicken and broil until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Brush with the remaining sauce and broil 1 to 2 more minutes.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini, carrots and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft, 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Uncover and stir in the sesame seeds.
Divide the chicken among plates; top with the scallion. Serve with the vegetables.
Number of Servings: 4
Source – https://www.foodnetwork.com
Ingredients 12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta Kosher salt 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional) ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving 4 […]
Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 1 […]
5 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 Tbsp butter
8 cups thinly sliced onions (about 3 lbs.)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup port wine
2 cartons (32oz. each) beef broth
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
24 sliced French bread baguette (1/2 in. thick)
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or SWiss cheese (about 3oz.)
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp. oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, cook and stir until softened, 10-13 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Add minced garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in port wine. Bring to boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add broth, pepper, and salt; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat over to 400 degrees, place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with the remaining oil. Bake until toasted, 3-5 minutes on each side. Rub toasts with halved garlic.
- To serve, place twelve 8-oz. broiler safe bowls or rameskins on baking sheets. Place two toasts in each. Ladle with soup; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat until cheese is melted.
Yield: 12 Servings
Source – Taste of Home magazine
Ingredients: 2.5 – 3lbs of chicken 2 celery stalks 2 medium carrots 8 cups water 2.5 tsp salt .5 tsp black pepper 2 cups flour .5 tsp baking soda 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening 3/4 cup buttermilk Directions: Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch […]
Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or […]
- 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed peas with the diced cooked turkey and cooked noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender; blend in soup, milk, and seasonings. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until well blended and hot.
- Pour the soup mixture over the turkey and noodle mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Turn the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Ingredients 3 bacon slices 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks) 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves) […]