Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/3 cup wheat flour 3/4 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter 1 large egg 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with silicone baking liners or …
Ingredients For the Cake: 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg 1 cup granulated sugar …
- 1.5 tablespoons (22g) rice vinegar
- 2.5 tablespoons (38g) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (40g) hoisin sauce or oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5g) toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (5g) corn starch
- 12 oz (340g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons (42g) vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, cut into segments
- 1 carrot julienne
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3.5 cups (315g) thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 7 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (85g) bean sprouts
- 14 oz (400g) chow mein/stir fry noodles
- 2 tablespoons (30g) water
- additional green onion for garnish *optional*
- chili oil *optional*
- In a small bowl combine, soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin, sesame oil, whisk in corn starch until combined, and set aside.
- To season the wok, add enough vegetable oil to make a little puddle on the bottom of the wok, set the heat to medium-high, swirling the edges often until it begins to smoke, and immediately discard the oil and wipe down the pan with a paper towel.
- Get a pot of water boiling over medium-high heat, and add noodles; boil them for about 10 to 20 seconds, drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
- Add oil to your wok, heat over medium-high, add your chicken thighs (cook in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding), cook them until they cook all the way through, and remove. Next, add green onions, stir fry them for 30 seconds or until the greens get wilted; then add ¾ of your chopped garlic and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Add celery, carrots, cabbage, turn up the heat to high, and stir fry for two minutes or until the cabbage is wilted and begins to char; turn the heat down to medium-high and add your chicken.
- Stir fry until the chicken is hot again, about 30 seconds, add bean sprouts, stir fry, add your noodles, and stir fry for about 45 seconds. Add all of your chow mein sauce, stir fry, and toss until completely coated; then add water, stir fry, and repeatedly toss for about one minute or until your noodles are entirely glazed.
- Cut the heat and add the rest of your garlic, stir until thoroughly combined, add additional soy sauce to taste if needed. Garnish with green onion and chili oil.
Yield: 6 Servings
Source – www.joshuaweissman.com/
Ingredients 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce 2 cups water 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing 1 teaspoon garlic powder 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into 2-in. pieces 1-1/2 cups 2% cottage cheese …
- Cook bacon pieces in a large Dutch oven over medium-high, stirring often, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels, and set aside. Remove and discard all but 2 Tbsp. drippings from Dutch oven.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic to Dutch oven. Cook over medium-high, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add cumin, and cook, stirring constantly, until toasted, about 1 minute. Stir in sweet potato, lentils, broth, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until lentils are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Spoon soup evenly into 6 bowls. Top with reserved bacon pieces, and sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 6 Servings
Source: Southern Living
Ingredients 1 Pound spaghetti 1/3 cup walnuts 3 cups chopped kale Kosher salt 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil Directions Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook as the label directs. Drain. Meanwhile, …
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced
- 1/4 medium onion , finely diced
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce , or 2 pureed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato bouillon granulated, or cubes (chopped) (can be found in the Mexican food aisle at Walmart or your local grocery store)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot , diced
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 3 cups water
- 1-3 whole serrano peppers , optional
Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear. Set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the oil. Once hot, add the rice and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the rice is lightly golden brown all over (about 10 minutes).
Add tomato sauce, garlic, and diced onion to the pan. Stir. Add tomato bullion, salt, carrots, peas, and water (and serrano peppers, if using. They add a little flavor, but not spice.).
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes or until the water is completely absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
Source – www.tastesbetterfromscratch.com
Ingredients 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 large egg, beaten 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 1/4 cup olive oil LEMON SAUCE: 1 cup water …