Ingredients 12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta Kosher salt 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional) ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving 4 […]
Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots 1 […]
5 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 Tbsp butter
8 cups thinly sliced onions (about 3 lbs.)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup port wine
2 cartons (32oz. each) beef broth
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
24 sliced French bread baguette (1/2 in. thick)
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or SWiss cheese (about 3oz.)
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp. oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, cook and stir until softened, 10-13 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Add minced garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in port wine. Bring to boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add broth, pepper, and salt; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat over to 400 degrees, place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with the remaining oil. Bake until toasted, 3-5 minutes on each side. Rub toasts with halved garlic.
- To serve, place twelve 8-oz. broiler safe bowls or rameskins on baking sheets. Place two toasts in each. Ladle with soup; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat until cheese is melted.
Yield: 12 Servings
Source – Taste of Home magazine
Ingredients: 2.5 – 3lbs of chicken 2 celery stalks 2 medium carrots 8 cups water 2.5 tsp salt .5 tsp black pepper 2 cups flour .5 tsp baking soda 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening 3/4 cup buttermilk Directions: Place chicken, celery, and carrots in a Dutch […]
Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked white or […]
- 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed peas with the diced cooked turkey and cooked noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender; blend in soup, milk, and seasonings. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until well blended and hot.
- Pour the soup mixture over the turkey and noodle mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Turn the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Sauce: Ingredients 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes (in juice) 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 3 medium cloves garlic, finely minced 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons dried basil Sauce: Directions Heat oil, garlic, and […]
Ingredients 3 bacon slices 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped yellow onion (about 1 medium onion) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut carrots (about 2 medium carrots) 1 cup 1/4-inch-thick diagonally cut celery (about 3 stalks) 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced (about 3 garlic cloves) […]
- 5 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (8-oz.) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups lightly packed chopped curly kale
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (8-oz.) package precooked wild rice (such as Simply Balanced)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high. Add bacon to pan; cook 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion, carrot, and celery to drippings in pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add thyme, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add stock and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add kale, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and rice.
Combine half-and-half and flour in bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir into soup; cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Top with bacon.