4.0 01 Ingredients 1 pound lean ground beef 1 cup chopped onion 2 large garlic cloves, minced 2 teaspoons chili powder 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 cup taco sauce 16 ounce can fat free refried black beans 6 10-inch flour tortillas 3/4 cup Sour Cream […]
Position a rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat to 450 degrees F. Put the chicken on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 teaspoon sesame oil, sprinkle with the five-spice powder and toss. Arrange skin-side up; season with salt and pepper. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir the hoisin sauce, brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a small bowl. Grate 1 garlic clove into the sauce; set aside. Chop the remaining garlic. Trim the broccolini and slice lengthwise into long florets. Trim and scrub the carrots; halve or quarter lengthwise.
Preheat the broiler. Brush half the hoisin sauce mixture on the chicken and broil until bubbling, 1 to 2 minutes. Brush with the remaining sauce and broil 1 to 2 more minutes.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini, carrots and chopped garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft, 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Uncover and stir in the sesame seeds.
Divide the chicken among plates; top with the scallion. Serve with the vegetables.
Number of Servings: 4
Source – https://www.foodnetwork.com
4.0 01 Ingredients 12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta Kosher salt 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional) ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes 1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for […]
2.8 05 Ingredients 8 ounces uncooked brown rice noodles 8 ounces ground pork 3 tablespoons grated yellow onion 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms 2 tablespoons white miso 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (such as Huy Fong) 2 cups unsalted beef stock 1 cup matchstick-cut […]
5 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
1 Tbsp butter
8 cups thinly sliced onions (about 3 lbs.)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup port wine
2 cartons (32oz. each) beef broth
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
24 sliced French bread baguette (1/2 in. thick)
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere or SWiss cheese (about 3oz.)
- In a Dutch oven, heat 2 Tbsp. oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions, cook and stir until softened, 10-13 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Add minced garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in port wine. Bring to boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add broth, pepper, and salt; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat over to 400 degrees, place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush both sides with the remaining oil. Bake until toasted, 3-5 minutes on each side. Rub toasts with halved garlic.
- To serve, place twelve 8-oz. broiler safe bowls or rameskins on baking sheets. Place two toasts in each. Ladle with soup; top with cheese. Broil 4 in. from heat until cheese is melted.
Yield: 12 Servings
Source – Taste of Home magazine
5.0 01 Ingredients: 2.5 – 3lbs of chicken 2 celery stalks 2 medium carrots 8 cups water 2.5 tsp salt .5 tsp black pepper 2 cups flour .5 tsp baking soda 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening 3/4 cup buttermilk Directions: Place chicken, celery, and carrots in […]
5.0 01 Ingredients: 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean) 3 garlic cloves, minced ¼ cup packed brown sugar ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce 2 teaspoons sesame oil ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ¼ teaspoon pepper 2 cups hot cooked […]
- 1 package (10 or 12 ounces) frozen peas, thawed under cool running water
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (or ham)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the thawed peas with the diced cooked turkey and cooked noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until tender; blend in soup, milk, and seasonings. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until well blended and hot.
- Pour the soup mixture over the turkey and noodle mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Turn the noodle mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
5.0 01 Sauce: Ingredients 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes (in juice) 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 3 medium cloves garlic, finely minced 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons dried basil Sauce: Directions Heat oil, […]