Ingredients 6 slices rye bread, divided 1 pound pastrami or corned beef, thinly sliced or shaved 1 (14.5 oz.) can sauerkraut 4 cups Swiss Cheese, shredded 1 cup dill pickles, chopped 1 cup milk 1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing 1/4 cup mustard 3 large eggs […]
Ingredients Kosher salt 12 ounces fresh linguine 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes 1 shallot, thinly sliced 2 large eggs 1/3 cup grated parmesan or pecorino romano cheese, plus more for topping 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest […]
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package macaroni and cheese dinner, prepared with milk and margarine as package directs
- 1 can (14.5 to 16 ounces) tomatoes, diced, with liquid
- 1 can (12 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained (I used frozen cord)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Brown ground beef with salt and pepper in a large skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper; continue cooking until onion is tender.
- Add corn and tomatoes and tomato paste; heat through.
- Stir in prepared macaroni and cheese dinner; simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
Ingredients 1 cup mayonnaise 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup white vinegar 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper 1/4 teaspoon paprika 1lb cored, cubed, and chopped cabbage Directions Whisk together first six ingredients until smooth. Add in cabbage, stir and refrigerate covered for 2 hours.
Ingredients 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, divided 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and Italian herbs, drained (about 7 ounces) 1 large yellow onion, sliced 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2″ bite size pieces) 6 garlic cloves, sliced 1 pound […]
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2.5 table spoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- black pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, vinegar, mustard, honey, and pepper. Once thoroughly combined, add the oil in a steady stream whisking constantly. When everything is combined, pour the contents into a glass jar and chill until serving.
Ingredients 1 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 packet taco seasoning 1 packet ranch powder 14.5 ounce fire roasted diced tomatoes 12 crunchy taco shells 1 cup grated cheddar 1/4 cup diced cilantro 1/4 cup hot sauce or taco sauce Directions Place chicken, taco […]
Ingredients 2 cup chicken broth 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil 2 teaspoon cornstarch 4 teaspoons water 2 egg, beaten 2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper Directions In a small saucepan, combine the chicken broth, soy […]
- 12 ounces thin fresh noodles, like lo mein or tagliarini
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick, bite-size slices
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded ginger
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces (about 3 cups) thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely shredded scallions
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil over high heat and cook noodles until just done, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool, then shake well to remove water. Return noodles to pot, add sesame oil, and toss.
- Put chicken in a shallow bowl and add ginger, one teaspoon rice wine, cornstarch, one teaspoon soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine. In a small bowl, combine remaining one tablespoon rice wine and one tablespoon soy sauce.
- Heat a wok over high heat until a bead of water evaporates almost on contact. Swirl in one tablespoon peanut oil, add red pepper flakes and stir-fry 10 seconds using a metal spatula. Push pepper flakes aside and add chicken, spreading in a single layer to maximize contact with the wok. Let cook undisturbed one minute, until chicken begins to sear.
- Stir-fry chicken and pepper flakes together, tossing in the wok, for a minute or 2 until just done. Remove to a bowl. Add cabbage and mushrooms and stir-fry one minute until just wilted but not cooked. Empty into the bowl with chicken.
- Reheat wok, swirl in remaining one tablespoon peanut oil, and add noodles. Stir-fry 30 seconds, moving constantly to heat through. Swirl soy sauce-rice wine mixture and add to wok along with chicken-vegetable mixture and scallions. Sprinkle on 3/4 teaspoon salt and stir-fry a minute or 2 until chicken and vegetables are heated through.
Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter 1 large onion, diced 3 pounds sour kraut, drained an drinsed 1 table spoon caraway seed 1 table spoon dry parsley flakes 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 5 table spoons brown sugar 2 pounds polish sausage cut up Directions: Cook noodles according […]